b. August 23, 1856; d. April 6, 1944

Hampton Union, Thursday, April 13, 1944

Simeon Albert Shaw

Funeral services for Simeon Albert Shaw of Hampton, father of Selectman Elroy G. Shaw, who died last Thursday [April 6th] after being a patient at the Mitchell Memorial Hospital where he was taken the previous Tuesday, were held Saturday afternoon at 3 o’clock in the First Congregational Church with the pastor Rev. Floyd G. Kinsley officiating.

Favorite hymns of the deceased were played during portions of the service by Mrs. S. Louise Benoit, church organist.

Following the services interment was in the family lot in the High Street Cemetery with Rev. Mr. Kinsley having the committal.

The bearers were Selectman Harry D. Munsey, Selectman Edward S. Batchelder, Roscoe B. Palmer, and Frank E. James all of Hampton. The floral tributes were many and beautiful.

Obituary of Isabel (Cole) Shaw

b. 1859; d. December 22, 1923*

The Hamptons Union, January 3, 1924

The death of Mrs. Isabel Cole Shaw occurred at her home on Saturday after a long painful sickness. Mrs. Shaw leaves a husband, S. Albert Shaw, two sons and daughters. She was the daughter of Hannah Brooks Cole and was born in Portsmouth 64 years ago. Funeral services were held from her late home on Monday afternoon and were conducted by Rev John Cummings, pastor of the Congregational church, of which she had been a member for many years. Two selections, “Sun of my Soul!” and “Abide with me” were sung by Henry Fogg and sisters of Hampton Falls. Until sickness made it impossible the deceased was active in many affairs of the church and town. For more than a quarter of a century she was secretary of the Woman’s Missionary Auxiliary and rarely, if ever absent. Mrs. Shaw will long be missed as a loving and kind wife, mother and friend, and her great patience during her long illness is one of her many outstanding virtues. Mr. Shaw returned to Boston with his daughter, Mrs. Savage on Tuesday where he remained until Saturday.

*This date of death comes from the Hampton Town Reports. The obituary suggests that she died on the Saturday before the paper was published, which would have been on December 29th.