Hampton Academy & Winnacunnet High School Alumni Association
65th Anniversary, Historic Souvenir Booklet, 1972

Back to previous sectionForward to next sectionReturn to Table of Contents


Crafts Day at Winnacunnet Plantation Restoration, May 1971: Winnacunnet High School Historical Society members, dressed in Colonial costumes, create a “working” crafts exhibit twice a year for S.U. 21 elementary pupils.

Harold E. Fernald, Jr. ’49 displays the Academy banner,
gift of the Class of 1925, in front of the 1938 Academy replica.

Reflections of Hampton’s past at W.P.R.: Academy replica, one-room district schoolhouse and Philbrick’s Blacksmith Shop on Meeting House Green. (In 1971, the steeple of the replica blew off. Hampton’s Department of Public Works is repairing it.)