Hampton Academy & Winnacunnet High School Alumni Association
65th Anniversary, Historic Souvenir Booklet, 1972

Back to previous sectionForward to next sectionReturn to Table of Contents

Tuck Memorial (House & Museum), 40 Park Avenue, Hampton, was made possible by Edward Tuck shown above in the large portrait over the fireplace in the Museum. The smaller portrait pictures a young Amos Tuck, Edward’s father.

The addition to Tuck Memorial Museum was built in 1962, the foundation and cornerstone having been laid the previous year.

Through the financial support of Edward Tuck and the work of many others, Meeting House Green Memorial Park was created in 1924-25 to honor Hampton’s Founders. Ceremonies were held on October 13 and 14, 1925, to dedicate the project. The float shown above was constructed and “peopled” by Academy students. The front part is the familiar facade of the Academy building. [Photo courtesy of Wilfred R. Cunningham ’27]

Founders’ Plaque detailing the settlement of Hampton by Rev. Bachiler (at age 77). Plaque was donated by Academy Trustee Joseph O. Hobbs of North Hampton.

Signs like this were prevalent on the older houses in town during the 1938 Tercentenary celebration.

This sign was on Founders’ Park during the 1925 organization of the Meeting House Green Memorial & Historical Association,
now called “Hampton Historical Society”.