Hampton Academy & Winnacunnet High School Alumni Association
65th Anniversary, Historic Souvenir Booklet, 1972

Back to previous sectionForward to next sectionReturn to Table of Contents

An engraving made in 1896: Principal Jack Sanborn of Hampton Falls, Anna May Cole, Assistant Instructor (left), and Sarah (Neal) Harris, Instructor in Elocution and Physical Culture.
[Courtesy of Carrie Higgins ’30; photocopy by Collins Photo, Hampton]

The Centre School, built in 1921-22 for $90,000, replaced all the one-room district school elementary schools of Hampton. The Freshman Class of the Academy was housed in this building from the fall of 1922 to the fall of 1940 when the new Academy building opened for classes; Academy teachers would walk between buildings for classes.
[A Colt Photo Postcard; courtesy of Harold E. Fernald, Jr. ’49]

Kenneth E. (“Spike”) Tyler, Academy Headmaster, 1927-31.
[1930 photo courtesy of Carrie Higgins ’30]